Three big mistakes that consumers often make when investing in a solar system are:
- Not doing enough research
- Not getting the right system
- Going with a disreputable company
Buying solar for your home is an investment and like any other investment, you should ensure you research to get the best deal.
We have trained solar specialists who will assist with identifying the right system for your needs.
The best system for you depends on your energy consumption. You need to decide how much energy you want supplied by your solar panel system; if you want to maximise the benefits then you need to choose an appropriate solar system.
Our handy solar calculator will help you to determine the right system for your needs.
The growth of solar has attracted unscrupulous and unqualified operators chasing a ‘quick buck’ so it is crucial to look for a company who is considered as a solar specialist and knows the industry ‘inside out’.
Tips on assessing a company’s credibility:
- Look at the warranty period: who will stand behind their work and service your warranty? We will look after your entire system for the first 10 years. Most companies will give you a 12 month warranty on their workmanship.
- Find out if the solar system that you want is in stock?
- Understand what the efficiency rating of their panel is
To find out if you are getting a good deal for your solar system, read our ‘what is the cost of solar panels’ blog.