Terms and conditions for your contract
- These Terms and Conditions are in addition to, and do not in any way reduce or vary the obligations in any agreement to purchase a TVS Solar System (‘System’), should you choose to do so.
- We may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any amended Terms and Conditions supersede any previous versions. As you are bound by these Terms and Conditions, we recommend that you periodically refer to them.
- Unless otherwise specified:
- all advertised prices and specials apply to installations in Metro areas only. Please see definitions of ‘ Metro areas’ below.
- all advertised benefits, special offers, gifts, incentives or discounts (‘Specials‘) cannot be combined with, or used in conjunction with, any other Specials.
- all advertised Specials are available to new customers only;
- Purchase of applicable advertised offer required in order to claim any free items or ‘giveaways’ offered.
- Pictures shown in current specials are indicative only of products available through True Value Solar Pty Ltd (‘TVS’)
- ‘Unbeatable’ and ‘5% Price Guarantee’: True Value Solar will beat any written competitor quote by 5% based on identical solar system and specifications. Competitor quote must be supplied at time of quote with True Value Solar.
- Prices and savings applicable are based on a standard install of the System (see below), and are dependent on the customers eligibility for the Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme and the customer assigning the rights to the Small-scale Technology Certificates (‘STCs’)to TVS.
- Advertised and quoted prices are subject to change without notice should the value of STCs change.
- Prices indicated are specific to STC zones, and are automatically generated based on IP addresses. Ensure the correct location is selected on the TVS Website Homepage to receive accurate pricing.
- We may revise the advertised or quoted purchase price if:
- information provided by you when TVS determined the price was incorrect or incomplete;
- you failed to provide the information that was requested by TVS within any specified time limit(s);
- you choose not to, or do not do all things necessary to, assign the STCs to TVS;
- due to access restrictions at the installation address, special safety equipment is required to perform the installation of the System; or
- the premises do not comply with the installation requirements as set out below;
- the premises are not in a Metro Area or Regional Area as defined in these Terms and Conditions and the Regional Terms and Conditions.
- All residential purchases are subject to an administrative fee of $127
Possible additional costs
- Electricity meter changeovers, meter board upgrades, time switch installations or repairs, electrical inspections, trenching works or any other similar works will not be performed by TVS and are not included in the advertised or quoted price
- If the existing switchboard and/or electrical infrastructure at the installation address, or any other surfaces or structures where the System is to be installed, do not comply with all relevant legal requirements (including all relevant codes and regulations) you may need to repair, replace or upgrade those at your own cost prior to the installation.
- TVS will not perform any building work required to permit installation of the System.
Government rebates and STCs
- You may be entitled to receive a rebate or other benefit from the Commonwealth or State Government, including STCs, as a result of the purchase and installation of your System. For the avoidance of doubt, TVS does not guarantee that you will be eligible for or receive any rebate, benefit or right, as a result of purchasing your System.
- Your purchase price includes a point of sale discount on the condition that you agree to assign the right to create STCs to TVS.
- You authorise TVS to create and apply for STCs in your name and to receive the payment on your behalf. You agree to sign whatever documentation we may reasonably require to give effect to the assignment of STCs.
- If TVS does not receive payment for the STCs, for any reason whatsoever, you are required to pay the amount owing within 14 days from the day of the receipt of notice.
- TVS may terminate any agreement to supply a System should the government rebate or other benefit, including STCs, be reduced, discontinued, withdrawn or cancelled prior to the installation of your System. If TVS does terminate the sale for this reason you will be entitled to a full refund.
A standard install for metro customers
Metro area means:
- QLD: 100km of the Brisbane GPO or Yatala Post Office;
- NSW: 100km of the Sydney GPO;
- VIC: 50km of the Melbourne GPO;
- SA: 60km of the Adelaide GPO;
- WA: 70km of the Perth GPO.
Solar install address must:
- have clear, unhindered vehicle access for installers;
- have a completed home not under construction with wiring/power supply complying with current electrical standards;
- be a single storey with a pitched tin roof (extra cost may apply for other roof types);
- have a suitable location for the inverter. If location is exposed to elements a weather proof cover may be required.
- LED install address must:
- have ceiling height of less than 3m;
- have an existing 35w or 50w halogen lamp and transformer;
- be in a Metro Area (see above for km radius per city);
- have clear unrestricted access to light fittings;
- have all pre-existing cabling and electrical systems at the property meeting current AS3000 standards;
- have each existing light fitting earthed as per Australian standards;
- have existing transformers not fixed to roof beams;
- have no greater than 90mm existing hole cut out;
- have existing down light holes in good condition;
- have existing dimmers that are compatible with our supplied LED lamps.
- Should the requirements above not be met, additional charges may apply for installation of the System.
TVS will endeavour to install the System within 4 to 6 weeks (if metro area) or 8 to 12 weeks (if regional area), after we receive notification of grid-connection approval (if applicable) either from you or your network distributor and finance approval, whichever is applicable. We will advise you if for any reason we are unable to meet these timeframes.
TVS can only install your System if your Energy Supply Authority supplies final approval and connection to the grid.
THE TVS PRODUCTS
Goods remain property of Seller until payment
- The System will not be installed until the full purchase price has been paid and STCs have been created.
- Ownership of the System passes to you upon final payment of the purchase price and if applicable the creation of the STCs.
- In the event that you default in payment of all or part of the total amount payable, you hold the System as bailee for TVS and TVS will remain the legal and beneficial owner of the System.
- Upon installation or otherwise taking the possession of the system, any risk of loss or damage in the System will pass to you.
TVS Systems come with a 5 year warranty. The warranty is subject to the Terms and Conditions set out in the documentation provided to you at the time of installation. Please visit www.truevaluesolar.com.au for more details.
The Clean Energy Council recommend that to ensure maximum productivity and longevity of your System, you have it serviced regularly (see http://www.solaraccreditation.com.au/consumers/after-installing-solar-PV.html)
Please call 13(SOLAR) 76 52 for more information on customer Warranties or to book a service.
A finance option may be offered at the point of sale. Customers must be approved by the finance provider. If applicable:
- Monthly payments must be made during the interest free period. Interest and payments are payable after the interest free period expires.
- Paying only the minimum monthly payment will not pay out the purchase before the end of the interest free period. A $99 annual fee for Gem Visa applies.
- This notice is given under the Gem Visa Conditions of Use (as applicable), which specify all other conditions for this offer. Also applicable to GE CreditLine, GO MasterCard and Buyer’s Edge customers.
- Other conditions, fees and charges payable, are provided on relevant product websites.
- Credit is provided by GE Capital Finance Australia (ABN 42 008 583 588), Australian Credit Licence number 392145, trading as GE Money.
True Value Solar will beat any competitor’s quote by 5%, provided it fulfils the following conditions:
- it is a formal written quote and not a verbal quote or an email confirmation;
- the price quoted by the other company is not a liquidation sale price.
- the customer has not previously redeemed a price guarantee and the install premises are in a Metro area;
- the quote is for products with the exact same model number and specifications as the TVS product;
- TVS has the products in the quote currently in stock;
- The quote does not relate to trade prices or commercial quantities.
Australia’s largest solar company is based on deemed solar certificates creators (generated by system installs) 2014 Calendar Year to July 2014.
Melbourne Renegades Solar Smash Competition
- The Solar Smash Competition will run from Wednesday 18 November to Sunday 3 January 2016.
- The winner will be announced on Monday 4 January 2016 on the True Value Solar and Melbourne Renegades Facebook pages.
- The winner will be contacted via Direct Message on their Facebook page to claim the prize.
- One entry per person.
- Each entry must specify the name of a Cricket Club to win the prize. This Cricket Club must be located in the Melbourne Renegades Territory within Victoria
- Each entry must be posted to the True Value Solar Facebook page to be eligible to win the prize.
- Each entry must tag the Melbourne Renegades in their post to be eligible to win the prize.
- The competition does not have an age restriction.
- The bowling session for the Club with James Pattinson must take place during the 2015/2016 cricket BBL season and is subject to availability of the player.
- The bowling session is available to a group of twelve people. Recommended age range for the session is 12 years plus.
- True Value Solar will contact the winning Club to arrange a time to inspect the Clubrooms to install the new Solar System.
- In the event that the Solar Panels cannot be installed on the existing Clubrooms, TVS will award the Club a $5,000 cheque.
The winner of the competition will be invited to attend the Melbourne Renegades match on 9th January and be presented with the Soniq TV and New Balance equipment cheque for their Club.
The Morning Show Advertorial – December 2015
‘Certegy $0 Deposit, no interest Ever! Advertorial Offer’
TVC Terms & Conditions:
*Subject to availability of Small-Scale Technology Certificates to True Value Solar. Metro areas only, regional surcharge may apply. Full installation based on a completed home compliant with current electrical standards, single storey pitched tin roof with a suitable inverter location.
*$3.70 per day based on a system price of $3,599 and a minimum amount payable of $4035.10 over 36 months.
*Credit provided by Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd. Fees, charges, terms, conditions and lending criteria apply. Includes $85 Establishment Fee, $3.50 Monthly Account Keeping Fee and $2.95 fortnightly Payment Processing Fee. Please ask your agent for more details or visit certegyezipay.com.au.
Certegy $0 Deposit – October & November 2015
‘Certegy $0 Deposit Offer’
*Continuing credit provided by Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd. Fees, charges, terms, conditions and lending criteria apply. Please ask your agent for more details or visit certegyezipay.com.au.
*Continuing credit provided by Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd, offer based on a 5kW system over 48 months, $0 deposit, repaid fortnightly, and No Interest Ever! Fees (including $80 Establishment Fee, $3.50 monthly Account Keeping Fee and $2.95 fortnightly Payment Processing Fee), charges, terms, conditions and lending criteria apply. For details visit certegyezipay.com.au
TVC Terms & Conditions:
*Subject to availability of Small-Scale Technology Certificates to True Value Solar. Metro areas only, regional surcharge may apply see truevaluesolar.com.au for full terms and conditions. Continuing credit provided by Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd with No Interest Ever! Fees (including Establishment Fee, monthly Account Keeping Fees and Payment Processing Fees), charges, terms, conditions and lending criteria apply. For details visit certegyezipay.com.au
10 Year Warranty – Now on all BPT-S String Inverters
purchased from True Value Solar in December 2015
Offer includes a 5 year Warranty Extension on top of the 5 year Standard Warranty = 10 year Warranty. This applies to new customers who fill out and submit their voluntary 10 year Extended Warranty form, upon purchase of a solar system that features a Bosch string inverter. To redeem, the form will be provided by an authorised TVS representative for the customer to complete. Offer for extension of Warranty ends December 31st, 2015.
December 26th – 31st, 2015 – Boxing day sale
*Price dependent on eligibility and availability of Government Solar Credits Scheme and customer assigning STCs to True Value Solar Pty Ltd. Standard install, metro install metro customers only, additional charges may apply. *Price beat must be for an identical system with a valid written competitor quote, no more than 14 days old. This offer is only valid until December 31st.
January 4th – 29th, 2016 – BOSCH Special
**Bosch inverter is referred to as 5kW based on DC input, however it is named BPT-S 4.6 DUE TO AC OUTPUT. *^Price dependent on eligibility & availability of Government Solar Credits Scheme and customer assigning STCs to True Value Solar Pty Ltd. Standard install, metro customers only, additional charges may apply. Price beat must be for an identical system with a valid written competitor quote, no more than 14 days old. This offer is only valid until January 29th.