Assumptions for Calculator
Solar Calculator and Solar Savings Assumptions
Please note that this calculation is an estimate and does not guarantee actual system production or savings. The system design may change based on a detailed engineering site audit. Actual system production and savings will vary based on final system design, size, configuration, utility rates, applicable rebates and your energy usage. Utility rates, charges and fee structures imposed by your utility are not affected by this proposal and are subject to change in the future at the discretion of your utility.
Feed in tariff rates per state used
‘NSW’ => 11.1, cents
‘QLD’ => 10.6, cents
‘SA’ => 16.0, cents
‘VIC’ => 11.3, cents
‘ACT’ => 11.3, cents
‘TAS’ => 8.929, cents
‘NT’ => 25.67, cents
‘WA’ => 7.135, cents
The Standard Test Condition rating (STC) assumes a standard set of optimal operating conditions (25°C cell temperature, 1000 W/m2 and an air mass of 1.5). The STC rating is most often used by manufacturers to classify the power output of PV modules. To calculate the system’s energy production for any future year, the expected degradation in system performance is included (See “PV degradation”, in table below). Energy Output is calculated based on historical solar irradiance at the given location. A typical meteorological year is selected using statistical methods. Factors including panel tilt, orientation (azimuth), and system efficiency are considered.
System efficiency is estimated to account for losses caused by a variety of factors. These factors include intermittent shading, cable losses, dirt, scheduled downtime, manufacturer tolerances, inverter efficiency for DC to AC (this does not affect off-grid DC only systems), battery round trip efficiency, and other factors.
Utility electricity price inflation is adjusted based on the given location. (Figures from NATIONAL ELECTRICITY FORECASTING REPORT June 2016 by AEMO.)
United States Environmental Protection Agency. 2017. Greenhouse Gases Equivalencies Calculator – Calculations and References. [ONLINE] Available at: ‘https://www.epa.gov/energy/greenhouse-gases-equivalencies-calculator-calculations-and-references’.
Australian Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs) are an incentive provided under the Renewable Energy Target. One certificate is equal to one megawatt hour of eligible renewable electricity either generated or displaced by the installed system. [ONLINE] Read more at: ‘http://www.cleanenergyregulator.gov.au/RET/Scheme-participants-and-industry/Agents-and-installers/Small-scale-technology-certificates’.
Please note that this proposal is an estimate and does not guarantee actual system production or savings. The system design may change based on a detailed engineering site audit. Actual system production and savings will vary based on final system design, size, configuration, utility rates, applicable rebates and your energy usage. Utility rates, charges and fee structures imposed by your utility are not affected by this proposal and are subject to change in the future at the discretion of your utility.
You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn Qantas Points. Membership and points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
* True Value Solar reserves the right to withdraw or extend this offer at any time. The maximum 35,600 Qantas Points can be earned based on the following solar purchase from True Value Solar: Deposit on purchase of solar panels (10,000 Qantas Points), plus installation of a 5kW plus Solar System, (15,000 Qantas Points), 9.6kW Battery Storage (9,200 Qantas Points) and a Solar Monitoring System (1,000 Qantas Points). Members must own the residential premises in which the True Value Solar products are installed. Members must provide True Value Solar with their Qantas Frequent Flyer number within 90 days of paying the deposit. Qantas Points will be credited to members’ accounts within 45 days of installation. Members will earn 10,000 Qantas Points when they pay the deposit for orders on or after 28 November 2017. True Value products are subject to availability.
To be eligible to obtain the obligation free 1000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points will be granted if the following conditions are met. You must be the homeowner and provide us with the following information. 1000 points will only be applicable to
• Your Full Name
• Address of your property you wish to have solar installed on
• Best phone number to contact you on
• Please indicate if your roof is colorbond or tile
• Is your house Single Storey or Double Storey?
• Your monthly electricity bill (please attach with email)
• Are you looking for a payment plan or pay upfront?
• Your Qantas Frequent Flyer Number and surname